We all know the Caprese Salad, a simple salad from Italy with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. I decided to use this winning combination and build a veggie burger inspired by the salad. Instead of fresh basil I used pesto made from basil. I think pesto and mozzarella are such a brilliant combination! This vegetarian burger is super easy to make, so it’s great when you don’t feel like cooking.
Below is the recipe for 2 Caprese Burgers. They taste great with sweet potato fries!
This vegetarian caprese burger is inspired by the Caprese Salad with mozzarello, tomatoes and basil. It's super easy to make!
- 2 pieces Whole wheat buns
- 2 hands lettuce
- 2 pieces falafel burgers
- 8 pieces sundried tomatoes
- 50 grams mozzarella
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Cut the whole wheat buns in half. Divide the lettuce over the buns.
- Shortly fry the falafel burgers (or any other vegetarian burger) on both sides. Put them on the buns.
- Slice the mozzarella, cover the burgers with the mozzarella.
- Divide the sun-dried tomatoes over the burgers and top with the pesto.
Love vegetarian burgers? Check my recipe for portobello asparagus burgers and falafel burgers.